The threat of viruses infecting our computers is
a serious matter. Luckily, the steps for avoiding an infection on
your equipment are relatively simple.
- The first step in preventing infection is by
installing anti-virus software on your all your computers. A good
antivirus system will scan your machine regularly to clean it
from any infected files. Some popular antivirus systems are Norton
Antivirus, Panda Antivirus and McAfee. It is advised to NOT connect
to the Internet without AV protection – the cost is well
- Update your anti-virus software regularly.
Over 200 viruses are discovered each month, so you'll want to
- WHEN IN DOUBT, THROW IT OUT! Always use
caution and do not open, download, or execute any suspicious files
or email attachments. If the file was in fact legitimate, you
can always ask the sender to resend it. Do not open any files
attached to an email
- from an unknown, suspicious or untrustworthy
- ending with: .exe, .com, .scr, .pif, .vbs.
- that you were not expecting to receive
- unless you know what it is, even if it
appears to come from a friend or someone you know. Some viruses
can replicate themselves and spread through email. Better
to be safe than sorry and confirm that they really sent it.
- if the subject line is questionable. When
sending e-mail, use a subject that will not be detected as
spam, and do not leave the subject line blank.
- Delete chain emails and junk email. Do not
forward or reply to any to them. These types of email are considered
spam, which is unsolicited, intrusive mail that clogs up the network.
- Use caution when downloading files from the
Internet. Ensure that the source is a legitimate and reputable
one. Verify that an anti-virus program checks the files on the
download site. If you're uncertain, don't download the file at
- Back up your files on a regular basis.
If a virus destroys your files, at least you can replace them
with your back-up copy.
Call us TODAY! at 973-769-4275
1st Year Hosting
with purchase of any website!!
Have NJ MetroNET design and develop your website, and receive FREE hosting
for One Year!!
Call Today - 973-769-4275!
Expires June 30, 2011